Terrain Hopper Overlander 4Z
Ultimate in off road wheel chair mobility.
The Overlander 4 is the full blown go-anywhere TerrainHopper and a dream come true for those who wish to go to previously inaccessible places; thanks to the unique patented independent suspension system, you are not thrown all over the place!
A truly off road wheelchair that can climb over fallen trees gracefully! If you come across muddy fields or rocks, streams, on your adventure, don’t despair, TerrainHopper can handle any terrain and steep inclines.
Some off road wheelchairs or scooters find it hard going over dry sand. This is no problem for Overlander 4. Please have a look on You Tube to see TerrainHopper in action.
The electronics (excluding the joystick) are water resistant so you can hose down your buggy without worry. If you need your TerrainHopper to be completely waterproofed, you can opt for this system.
The purposeful looks are not deceiving. This is one tough 4 x 4 wheelchair. The side roll bar lifts up for easy access; (or can be removed if not required). It not only looks good but gives protection.
The seating and steering (Flexi Steer System) are adjustable to suit your personal needs. Steering is controlled through handle bars or joystick or a combination of both. The handle bars can be orientated to a position that best suits you and the setting can be different for the left and right hand. The joystick can also be positioned in various configurations. The 4×4 and front wheel drive setups enable an incredible turning circle, handy for those tight spots!
There is an option for 2 control systems so that the 4 wheel drive system can be switched to 2 wheel drive to conserve power and can be driven in front or rear wheel drive mode. So if one system fails, you are not left high and dry. However, 2 sytems are recommended if the user’s weight is over 11 stone/70kg.
There is an option to have 100% power steering through either joystick or handle bar control through the benefit of actuators for those who may need assistance.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/5QtHcqbIwRc” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
The main features are:
- Independent suspension system.
- Adjustable steering
- Front & Rear Lights / Indicators
- Lap belt
- Side Roll Bar – A really handy feature which gives protection. The roll bar lifts up on either the left or right hand side for easy access with an option available to have both sides lift.
- Adjustable seat forward and backwards.
- An optional side access seat is available if required.
- An aluminum overhead roll bar can be ordered to give full protection if required.
Overlander 4 is a Class 3 medical product .
Standard Items Include:
- 2 x 12V 80 Ah batteries
- Speed Option 1: 4 mph/8.5 kph
Geared for extreme off road use
- Speed Option 2: 8 mph/12 kph
Geared for moderate less demanding off road use.
- Choice of five standard colours
- Lemon Yellow
- Lime Green
- Kawasaki Green
- Gloss Black
- All round suspension
- Side roll bar to open either left or right hand side
- 1 mirror
- Exmoor Trim seat
- Lap belt
- 4 x 750 watts of peak rate power motors
- LED Front lights
- LED Rear lights
- Manual steering
- Choice of smooth or knobbly tyres
- Security key